Wednesday, June 12, 2024

Top post: MYSTERY OF MARBLE THIEF SOLVED!

May 10: posted an unsolved mystery about why the clear marbles placed in a shallow bee bath, disappeared overnight; multiple times. I was sure the culprit was a raccoon since they like shiny things plus have fully operable fingers. We finally revived our old critter cam, mounted it on a tree, baited the dish with more marbles & SHOCKER - not a raccoon. After watching 4,000+ pictures & videos I saw between 2:30-4:30 a.m., the stealthy thief was revealed to be (drum roll) a CHIPMUNK!!! I had no idea they were nocturnal but repeatedly saw a singular chipmunk coming from the direction of my neighbors' yards. The marbles were visible at 2:30 but by 4:30, were gone. I have named this chipmunk, Liberace, & picture his/her underground residence carpeted with shiny marbles. If I can figure out a way to post on ND the video or still I saved, I'll share. I know our neighborhood sees a lot of tear-downs replaced by bigger, better homes, but chipmunks who are following suit…..Who knew!?!͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏
 
Today's top posts
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Recommendations

 
 

In the News

 
 

Replies

 
 
 
 

For Sale & Free

 
 
 
 
 
This message is intended for gayraleighnc@gmail.com. Unsubscribe here. Nextdoor, 420 Taylor Street, San Francisco, CA 94102