Thursday, February 10, 2022

Top post: So I’m not making this post to put anyone on blast or expecting...

I'm a single mom and I'm 6 months pregnant with twins. I didn't expect to be alone through it, but unfortunately had to put an end to a very abusive relationship that was putting my kids in danger. I'm working full time and also in school and trying my best to come up with what my babies need, but I'm struggling. I just barely am getting by with my bills and don't have money left over to buy baby items. I've been very blessed to find a lot of people giving away items on here, and I'm SO thankful for the help I've received of any item small or large. However, I'm making this post because not once, but now twice. I've been given free cribs that turned out to be broken. I took time off of work and spent gas and time to go pick them up, loading and unloading them and carrying them up flights of stairs, which isn't easy right now. And took time out of the day which is scarce as it is right now as on top of everything, I'm in the process of moving. Just to go to put them together to find out they were broken. It also now puts me in the situation of having to pay town of Garner 40 dollars to come pick them up to take them to the trash, as I obviously can't give them away to anyone else knowing they are broken, or have to pay the movers to move them when I move in a couple of weeks and then do who knows what with them. So I have to carry them back down the stairs out to the dump. And I'm SO sad and disappointed in humanity right now. I get it cost money to have them picked up, so it's a pain and can understand just wanting to get them out of your house. But how can someone feel okay about doing that to someone knowing that they are broken, especially to someone already struggling so much as it is. I just don't get it. Maybe it's my fault for not looking closer at them when picking them up to be sure they weren't broken, but I had some faith in humanity. I'm not trying to put anyone on blast, I just could never knowingly do that to someone and don't understand it. Please just do the right thing and take them to the dump or pay to have someone come pick them up and take them for you the way that I am now having to do. Please, if you know something is broken, please don't trick someone else into come taking it off your hands for you. It's not their responsibility and you're truly hurting someone in multiple ways. On another note, if anyone has any baby items that they do not need, or any cribs that are in working condition, please let me know. You would be such a blessing! As I said, I didn't make this post expecting any hand outs or sympathy. My kids aren't anyone else's responsibility. Just please don't screw people over! It's just wrong! If anyone does have items they don't need, I'm in need of the following: Preemie and newborn boy clothes, bibs washcloths swaddles etc. Cribs Bottles Diapers/wipes Bouncers/swings Crib bedding, etc ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌
 
Today's top posts
 
 
You are one step closer to accessing your neighborhood
 
Confirm your address and get full access to your community's conversations, get help, participate in events, find local deals, join interest groups, and more.
 
Get started
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Recommendations

 
 

Replies

 
This message is intended for gayraleighnc@gmail.com. Unsubscribe here. Nextdoor, 420 Taylor Street, San Francisco, CA 94102