Thursday, September 27, 2012

Last chance: podcast and blog feature with comedian Dave Hill


Last chance: Get you music featured by comedian Dave Hill on his podcast and blog, and win a copy of Tasteful Nudes!
Dates: Monday, August 13th - Sunday, September 30th
Location: Online
Submissions Open: Mon Aug 13
Submissions Close: Sun Sep 30
Submission Fee: 0.00
Learn More
ReverbNation Mobile Control Room.
Get it On Your Android Device     Get It On Your Apple Device
Event Description:

Last chance to submit to be featured on Dave Hill's Podcasting Incident!

Hello. This is your man Dave Hill- comedian, rock person, man of letters, highly-boneable public figure and much more- with a message of great importance. The ReverbNation people, in exchange for me sending a practically brand-new six-foot sub to their office, are totally letting me have my very own incredible ReverbNation contest. Here's the deal:

You submit your band into my sweet contest and I will totally listen to your band, judge you without mercy, bop my head around a little (if I like it), give you the finger (if I don't like it), and quite possibly even attempt to have intercourse while listening to your music (I need you to be cool with that). In the end, I shall pick a winner and that winner, which is to say the band that I decide is the best ever basically, will be glorified in the form of me writing a lengthy and profanity-laced entry about them on my website (the most popular website on the Internet pretty much) and also featuring them on my wildly popular podcast, Dave Hill's Podcasting Incident (the best podcast and I'm not even kidding).

As if all of that is not enough, five runners up will receive a copy of my sweet ass book Tasteful Nudes (the best book). In short, this is the greatest contest of all-time and you should totally enter it unless you are some sort of goddamn crazy person who hates having incredible things happen to them thanks to the magic of the Internet.

Okay, that about covers it as far as the sweet Dave Hill contest goes, so submit your band now or I will completely lose it. Also, I realize it is at this point that there is a slight chance that some of you might not know who I am for some reason (even though I am so famous it's weird). Here is a bio all about me. Deal with it:

DAVE HILL is a comedian, writer, and musician. His first book, Tasteful Nudes, was unleashed on the masses by St. Martin's Press on May 22, 2012. Dave has written for The New York Times, Salon, and The Huffington Post among others and is a regular contributor to public radio's This American Life, which is great for him. He has also appeared on Comedy Central, BBC America, MTV and is a regular host on HBO and Cinemax. Dave has his own variety show, The Dave Hill Explosion, at the Upright Citizens Brigade Theatres in NY and Los Angeles, and London. Dave plays in the rock bands Valley Lodge, the Walter Schreifels Band, and Diamondsnake and is so good at the guitar that most people can't even handle it. He also smells really nice. Ask anyone.

Learn More »

Thank you,
Reverb Live Team

Submission requires a free ReverbNation account and active subscription to ReverbNation Press Kits.

Don't want to receive opportunity notices any longer? Unsubscribe »


Unsubscribe |  Privacy Policy
Physical inquiries can be sent to: P.O. Box 2086, Durham, NC, 27702, USA